Bugliosi book accusing Bush of murder is a bestseller but ignored by the MSMBreaking News
As an author, Mr. Bugliosi has written three No. 1 best sellers and won three Edgar Allan Poe awards, the top honor for crime writers. More than 30 years ago he co-wrote the best seller “Helter Skelter,” about the Manson case.
So Mr. Bugliosi could be forgiven for perhaps thinking that a new book would generate considerable interest, among reviewers and on the broadcast talk-show circuit.
But if he thought that, he would have been mistaken: his latest, a polemic with the provocative title “The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder,” has risen to best-seller status with nary a peep from the usual outlets that help sell books: cable television and book reviews in major daily newspapers.
Internet advertising has been abundant, but ABC Radio refused to accept an advertisement for the book during the Don Imus show, said Roger Cooper, the publisher of Vanguard Press, which put out the book.
comments powered by Disqus
Frank Cousins - 7/16/2008
Try him, then hang him. Make sure the conveniently ignorant press are all there to watch.
Patrick Murray - 7/10/2008
By this logic if the US is hit by a terrorist attack from 2009-2013 it won't be McCain's or Obama's fault it will be George W. Bush's fault.
That's just plain stupid.
John D. Beatty - 7/9/2008
Regardless of the validity of the charges, this title right now won't draw that much attention because...nothing will come of it. The media are too busy concentrating on the Olympics in the Worker's Paradise and on the upcoming Obamania march to the sea.
Bush will be gone in six months. It would take at least that long for the Congress to get off their behinds and do something about impeachment (which would have to happen before any such trial). The short-attention-span media aren't going to get interested in bringing down someone who will just step down anyway.
Michael Davis - 7/9/2008
This is really sweet. Maybe we can also charge Bill Clinton, Madeleine Halfbright, William Cohen and George Tenet for the murders of the 2900 people killed on 9/11. I mean, they failed to protect citizens and non-citizens from foreign nationals.
See where I'm going with this?
Move on out to the old folks home already, Bugliosi, you one-hit-wonder snapperhead.
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller