USS Cole attack 'plotter' charged
Saudi-born Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, who is being held at Guantanamo Bay, faces charges including murder and terrorism.
Mr Nashiri was arrested in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in October 2002 and has been held at Guantanamo since 2006.
He told a hearing at the US base in Cuba last year that he confessed to the attack because he had been tortured.
comments powered by Disqus
Stephen Kislock - 7/7/2008
The USS LIBERTY, no one has been brought to justice for this Attack and we know who they are. Why No Indictments?
Randll Reese Besch - 7/4/2008
Even the Talmud speaks against torture for the same reasons as applicable to today. People will give any answer to stop it. Just see the Christian Inquisition to see further examples. Also torture is just to hurt not as a reliable intelligence(sic) tool anyway. Promotes callousness and venality.
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project