USS Cole attack 'plotter' chargedBreaking News
Saudi-born Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, who is being held at Guantanamo Bay, faces charges including murder and terrorism.
Mr Nashiri was arrested in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in October 2002 and has been held at Guantanamo since 2006.
He told a hearing at the US base in Cuba last year that he confessed to the attack because he had been tortured.
comments powered by Disqus
Stephen Kislock - 7/7/2008
The USS LIBERTY, no one has been brought to justice for this Attack and we know who they are. Why No Indictments?
Randll Reese Besch - 7/4/2008
Even the Talmud speaks against torture for the same reasons as applicable to today. People will give any answer to stop it. Just see the Christian Inquisition to see further examples. Also torture is just to hurt not as a reliable intelligence(sic) tool anyway. Promotes callousness and venality.
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)