USS Cole attack 'plotter' chargedBreaking News
Saudi-born Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, who is being held at Guantanamo Bay, faces charges including murder and terrorism.
Mr Nashiri was arrested in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in October 2002 and has been held at Guantanamo since 2006.
He told a hearing at the US base in Cuba last year that he confessed to the attack because he had been tortured.
comments powered by Disqus
Stephen Kislock - 7/7/2008
The USS LIBERTY, no one has been brought to justice for this Attack and we know who they are. Why No Indictments?
Randll Reese Besch - 7/4/2008
Even the Talmud speaks against torture for the same reasons as applicable to today. People will give any answer to stop it. Just see the Christian Inquisition to see further examples. Also torture is just to hurt not as a reliable intelligence(sic) tool anyway. Promotes callousness and venality.
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades