USS Cole attack 'plotter' chargedBreaking News
Saudi-born Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, who is being held at Guantanamo Bay, faces charges including murder and terrorism.
Mr Nashiri was arrested in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in October 2002 and has been held at Guantanamo since 2006.
He told a hearing at the US base in Cuba last year that he confessed to the attack because he had been tortured.
comments powered by Disqus
Stephen Kislock - 7/7/2008
The USS LIBERTY, no one has been brought to justice for this Attack and we know who they are. Why No Indictments?
Randll Reese Besch - 7/4/2008
Even the Talmud speaks against torture for the same reasons as applicable to today. People will give any answer to stop it. Just see the Christian Inquisition to see further examples. Also torture is just to hurt not as a reliable intelligence(sic) tool anyway. Promotes callousness and venality.
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”