Historic Bangladesh papers 'lost'
Officials say it was only discovered they were missing when the government handed over important artefacts to the national archive in April.
The documents were drafted on behalf of imprisoned Bangladeshi independence leader Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in 1971.
Some former government officials say that the independence promulgations could have been lost, removed or destroyed by the military government which seized power in the country in 1975.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian enlists Plato in campaign to win converts to an exciting way to teach history
- Teachers walkout in Colorado over AP history controversy and pay
- The Hong Kong events in historical perspective: An interview with Jeffrey Wasserstrom
- Colorado professor helped create framework for controversial AP US History Course
- History departments aren't going to go out of business, but ...