Historic Bangladesh papers 'lost'
Officials say it was only discovered they were missing when the government handed over important artefacts to the national archive in April.
The documents were drafted on behalf of imprisoned Bangladeshi independence leader Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in 1971.
Some former government officials say that the independence promulgations could have been lost, removed or destroyed by the military government which seized power in the country in 1975.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Capture of the Lindbergh Baby Kidnapper, 80 Years Ago
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout