David Irving: Controversial historian to speak in Oregon
Irving, who specializes in the military history of World War II, has been invited to speak by the Pacifica Forum, a local discussion group founded by retired University of Oregon professor Orval Etter.
Low-key protest marks historian’s UO visit
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 6/18/2008
Calling him 'controversial' denigrates what he truly is. Gives him a whitewash patina he doesn't deserve. I have no problem with him speaking anywhere, just don't hide what he is.
Instead of protesting, why don't they have on a speaker to counter him? More constructive and less of a problem concerning the 1st Amendment.
- Dr. Saad Eskander's forced departure from Iraq's National Library and Archives deplored
- Nancy Cott selected as the next President-Elect of the Organization of American Historians
- Scholar calls ISIS destruction of antiquities an example of ethnic cleansing
- Historian Qingjia Edward Wang never thought he would one day write a book about chopsticks.
- Bernard Bailyn’s influence on the profession is hailed in the WSJ