David Irving: Controversial historian to speak in Oregon
Irving, who specializes in the military history of World War II, has been invited to speak by the Pacifica Forum, a local discussion group founded by retired University of Oregon professor Orval Etter.
Low-key protest marks historian’s UO visit
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 6/18/2008
Calling him 'controversial' denigrates what he truly is. Gives him a whitewash patina he doesn't deserve. I have no problem with him speaking anywhere, just don't hide what he is.
Instead of protesting, why don't they have on a speaker to counter him? More constructive and less of a problem concerning the 1st Amendment.
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Ken Burns is in a race to slow us down
- Ken Burns and the Myth of Theodore Roosevelt
- What Ken Burns Doesn't Understand about the Roosevelts
- A call for historians to do macro history
- Colorado school board, worried about the new AP framework, wants to make sure high school kids are taught patriotic history