David Irving: Controversial historian to speak in OregonHistorians in the News
Irving, who specializes in the military history of World War II, has been invited to speak by the Pacifica Forum, a local discussion group founded by retired University of Oregon professor Orval Etter.
Low-key protest marks historian’s UO visit
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 6/18/2008
Calling him 'controversial' denigrates what he truly is. Gives him a whitewash patina he doesn't deserve. I have no problem with him speaking anywhere, just don't hide what he is.
Instead of protesting, why don't they have on a speaker to counter him? More constructive and less of a problem concerning the 1st Amendment.
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Baton Rouge area Catholic school responds to student's racist essay about Black History Month
- How the ‘guerrilla archivists’ saved history – and are doing it again under Trump
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit