David Irving: Controversial historian to speak in OregonHistorians in the News
Irving, who specializes in the military history of World War II, has been invited to speak by the Pacifica Forum, a local discussion group founded by retired University of Oregon professor Orval Etter.
Low-key protest marks historian’s UO visit
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 6/18/2008
Calling him 'controversial' denigrates what he truly is. Gives him a whitewash patina he doesn't deserve. I have no problem with him speaking anywhere, just don't hide what he is.
Instead of protesting, why don't they have on a speaker to counter him? More constructive and less of a problem concerning the 1st Amendment.
- Trump Angled for Soviet Posting In the 1980s
- Places That Are Actually Worth Visiting
- JFK’s last birthday: Gifts, champagne and wandering hands on the presidential yacht
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools