David Irving: Controversial historian to speak in Oregon
Irving, who specializes in the military history of World War II, has been invited to speak by the Pacifica Forum, a local discussion group founded by retired University of Oregon professor Orval Etter.
Low-key protest marks historian’s UO visit
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 6/18/2008
Calling him 'controversial' denigrates what he truly is. Gives him a whitewash patina he doesn't deserve. I have no problem with him speaking anywhere, just don't hide what he is.
Instead of protesting, why don't they have on a speaker to counter him? More constructive and less of a problem concerning the 1st Amendment.
- Hero Marine Dad Will Unleash Hell Itself If Daughter’s World History Class Says Muslims Are Real
- Historians Against the War joins peace activists in pressing Congress to support a diplomatic solutions to conflict with Iran over nukes
- Despite new hires, Yale history department retains vacancies
- African-American Professor: Reagan Did More To Help Black Education Than Obama
- Turning West, Historians Take a Wider View of Early America