Germany cracks down on neo-Nazi groups
Interior Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said the groups outlawed were the Collegium Humanum and the Association for the Rehabilitation of Those Persecuted for Questioning the Holocaust (VRBHV)”.
Based in Germany’s most populous state of North Rhine-Westphalia, the neo-Nazi groups are “collecting pools for organised Holocaust deniers”, the ministry said in a statement.
“The groups’ activities consist of publishing anti-Semitic propaganda and glorifying the National Socialists’ (Nazis’) brutal dictatorship.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 5/9/2008
We often hear about the 5-6 million Jews murdered by the Germans. We almost never hear of the 9-10 million of the others singled out for torture and slaughter. Even by the Jews themselves. You know? Like the Romany (Gypsies), homosexuals, artists,misogenecists,communists/socialists and I don't know the others. The patch colors/shapes; Yellow mogen David(Jews),triangles (pink,lavender,green, and brown),red star (socialist/communist).
Considering how often these others were and are ignored how can the German gov't fault the neo-Nazi groups from carrying it one step further? No mention in the article of the German gov't itself recognizes these others that were murdered too. You must have a full accounting or they too will be forgotten. Remember all of them together.
Here in the USA many Christian groups want to keep those like homosexuals as sub-human or untermensch. No mention that the Nazis did that too before they started the extermination camps once the war started. Lest we forget.
- Hero Marine Dad Will Unleash Hell Itself If Daughter’s World History Class Says Muslims Are Real
- Historians Against the War joins peace activists in pressing Congress to support a diplomatic solutions to conflict with Iran over nukes
- Despite new hires, Yale history department retains vacancies
- African-American Professor: Reagan Did More To Help Black Education Than Obama
- Turning West, Historians Take a Wider View of Early America