Germany cracks down on neo-Nazi groupsBreaking News
Interior Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said the groups outlawed were the Collegium Humanum and the Association for the Rehabilitation of Those Persecuted for Questioning the Holocaust (VRBHV)”.
Based in Germany’s most populous state of North Rhine-Westphalia, the neo-Nazi groups are “collecting pools for organised Holocaust deniers”, the ministry said in a statement.
“The groups’ activities consist of publishing anti-Semitic propaganda and glorifying the National Socialists’ (Nazis’) brutal dictatorship.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 5/9/2008
We often hear about the 5-6 million Jews murdered by the Germans. We almost never hear of the 9-10 million of the others singled out for torture and slaughter. Even by the Jews themselves. You know? Like the Romany (Gypsies), homosexuals, artists,misogenecists,communists/socialists and I don't know the others. The patch colors/shapes; Yellow mogen David(Jews),triangles (pink,lavender,green, and brown),red star (socialist/communist).
Considering how often these others were and are ignored how can the German gov't fault the neo-Nazi groups from carrying it one step further? No mention in the article of the German gov't itself recognizes these others that were murdered too. You must have a full accounting or they too will be forgotten. Remember all of them together.
Here in the USA many Christian groups want to keep those like homosexuals as sub-human or untermensch. No mention that the Nazis did that too before they started the extermination camps once the war started. Lest we forget.
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- $35 million Book of Mormon manuscript sale called the ‘biggest game-changer in Mormon history’
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.