Germany cracks down on neo-Nazi groupsBreaking News
Interior Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said the groups outlawed were the Collegium Humanum and the Association for the Rehabilitation of Those Persecuted for Questioning the Holocaust (VRBHV)”.
Based in Germany’s most populous state of North Rhine-Westphalia, the neo-Nazi groups are “collecting pools for organised Holocaust deniers”, the ministry said in a statement.
“The groups’ activities consist of publishing anti-Semitic propaganda and glorifying the National Socialists’ (Nazis’) brutal dictatorship.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 5/9/2008
We often hear about the 5-6 million Jews murdered by the Germans. We almost never hear of the 9-10 million of the others singled out for torture and slaughter. Even by the Jews themselves. You know? Like the Romany (Gypsies), homosexuals, artists,misogenecists,communists/socialists and I don't know the others. The patch colors/shapes; Yellow mogen David(Jews),triangles (pink,lavender,green, and brown),red star (socialist/communist).
Considering how often these others were and are ignored how can the German gov't fault the neo-Nazi groups from carrying it one step further? No mention in the article of the German gov't itself recognizes these others that were murdered too. You must have a full accounting or they too will be forgotten. Remember all of them together.
Here in the USA many Christian groups want to keep those like homosexuals as sub-human or untermensch. No mention that the Nazis did that too before they started the extermination camps once the war started. Lest we forget.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Inside story finally told of the young US diplomat who cracked the case of the murder of 4 nuns in El Salvador in 1980
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges
- English professor uses literature to help cure historical amnesia
- WSJ features an article by a conservative calling for the abolition of Black History Month
- Mary Beard, herself a bestselling author, wonders why more women historians aren't