Charge: McCain didn't vote for Bush in 2000
The private conversation took place at a Los Angeles dinner party, she said, and the senator's wife Cindy said she didn't vote for Bush either. The liberal blogger, who posted the account on her website today, said McCain's declaration came after a tirade in which he criticized Bush's tactics against him in their battle for the GOP nomination.
"He never told me it was off the record," Huffington said in an interview. "It shows how far this man has fallen, that he could not even bring himself to vote for Bush and now he has embraced him."
Huffington said she is going public to counter "the media's love affair" with McCain and the lack of attention to a series of misstatements and reversals that have been overshadowed by the Democratic contest. "It is really important to unmask John McCain," she said.
Tucker Bounds, a spokesman for McCain, said "It's not true, and I ask you to please consider the source."
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 5/9/2008
It is suspected that he not only broke under torture in the hands of the Viet-Min but that he actually turned traitor. The reason for his volcanic temper was his knowing his failure in the past and he hates himself for it.
Following that line of reasoning, it fits with his other treacheries now. How far will he turn a away from what he believes?
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences