John Hope Franklin: Endorses ObamaHistorians in the News
"Senator Obama is a truly exceptional leader who understands the struggles of people from all walks of life. As president, he will be the voice of regular people - something that has been missing from the political landscape for so many years. He has shown an ability to bridge the divides in our society and unite people behind his agenda for change. He is exactly the kind of president our country needs," said Franklin.
John Hope Franklin is the John Matthews Manly Distinguished Service Professor Emeritus in History at the University of Chicago James B. Duke Professor Emeritus at Duke University, where the John Hope Franklin Collection for African and African-American Documentation is housed within the Duke University Rare Book, Manuscript and Special Collections Library.
Historians for Obama
comments powered by Disqus
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK
- Most Students Have No Clue What Accurate Native American History Looks Like
- Historians Re-Enter Presidential Studies