John Hope Franklin: Endorses Obama
"Senator Obama is a truly exceptional leader who understands the struggles of people from all walks of life. As president, he will be the voice of regular people - something that has been missing from the political landscape for so many years. He has shown an ability to bridge the divides in our society and unite people behind his agenda for change. He is exactly the kind of president our country needs," said Franklin.
John Hope Franklin is the John Matthews Manly Distinguished Service Professor Emeritus in History at the University of Chicago James B. Duke Professor Emeritus at Duke University, where the John Hope Franklin Collection for African and African-American Documentation is housed within the Duke University Rare Book, Manuscript and Special Collections Library.
Historians for Obama
comments powered by Disqus
- West Point historian says if his cadets can understand the history of war, so can Congress
- Australian historian Alan Atkinson wins $100,000 literary prize
- From his perch in Saudi Arabia, Princeton’s Mark Cohen says Jews and Muslims should remember they used to get along
- Duke honors historian John Hope Franklin with year-long series of events
- What New Left History Gave Us