Confederate Plates Bill Going No Where (FL)Breaking News
Representative Don Brown of DuFuniak Springs proposed a bill that creates a license plate displaying the Confederate Heritage Flag.
The bill has no co-sponsors and is considered “dead” because no committees have taken the bill up for debate.
Representative Brown admitted he thought it would stir controversy.
“It is not about racism, it’s not about slavery, it is about an acknowledgement that many of these people’s families have documented that they had friends and family or family who lost their lives fighting for a cause they believed in,” said Brown.
comments powered by Disqus
Patrick Murray - 4/14/2008
The Confederate States Constitution
[speaking to new states or territories] In all such territory the institution of negro slavery, as it now exists in the Confederate states, shall be recognized and protected by Congress & by the Territorial government, & the inhabitants of the several Confederate States & Territories shall have the right to take to such territory any slaves lawfully held by them in any of the States or Territories of the Confederate States.
To me that says that no Confederate state or territory could outlaw slavery. So much for states rights. When are white Southern legislators going to understate what the Confederate States of America was about if not race slavery! Is that what America wants on license plates in the 21st Century?!
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity