Confederate Plates Bill Going No Where (FL)Breaking News
Representative Don Brown of DuFuniak Springs proposed a bill that creates a license plate displaying the Confederate Heritage Flag.
The bill has no co-sponsors and is considered “dead” because no committees have taken the bill up for debate.
Representative Brown admitted he thought it would stir controversy.
“It is not about racism, it’s not about slavery, it is about an acknowledgement that many of these people’s families have documented that they had friends and family or family who lost their lives fighting for a cause they believed in,” said Brown.
comments powered by Disqus
Patrick Murray - 4/14/2008
The Confederate States Constitution
[speaking to new states or territories] In all such territory the institution of negro slavery, as it now exists in the Confederate states, shall be recognized and protected by Congress & by the Territorial government, & the inhabitants of the several Confederate States & Territories shall have the right to take to such territory any slaves lawfully held by them in any of the States or Territories of the Confederate States.
To me that says that no Confederate state or territory could outlaw slavery. So much for states rights. When are white Southern legislators going to understate what the Confederate States of America was about if not race slavery! Is that what America wants on license plates in the 21st Century?!
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”