US Holocaust Memorial Museum mapping genocide threats
A project of the Museum's Genocide Prevention Mapping Initiative that documents and maps threats of genocide and related crimes against humanity, World is Witness brings together testimonies, photographs, videos, and other first-hand data in Google Earth, situating eyewitness accounts in their geographic location. World is Witness can be found in Google Earth's Global Awareness folder under the heading, U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, or at the Museum's Web site, www.ushmm.org/maps/.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ronald Suny says historians have shied away from exploring the roots of the Armenian genocide for fear of taking attention away from the victims
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History