Titanic letter could fetch £9,000Breaking News
Charles Jones, who worked for the Colgate firm in New York, was returning to the US after a UK trip to buy sheep from Dorset farmer James Foot.
Mr Foot received Mr Jones' last letter on 15 April, the actual day the Titanic sank after hitting an iceberg.
According to Dukes, the note, on headed White Star paper, read: "Just had lunch and a cigar and feel fine..."
Just days later, Mr Jones was dead after the vessel, which was on its maiden voyage, sank.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump's RNC Speech Plagiarized Hitler? No, it was satire.
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history