Titanic letter could fetch £9,000Breaking News
Charles Jones, who worked for the Colgate firm in New York, was returning to the US after a UK trip to buy sheep from Dorset farmer James Foot.
Mr Foot received Mr Jones' last letter on 15 April, the actual day the Titanic sank after hitting an iceberg.
According to Dukes, the note, on headed White Star paper, read: "Just had lunch and a cigar and feel fine..."
Just days later, Mr Jones was dead after the vessel, which was on its maiden voyage, sank.
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments