German town names school after Nazi rocket expertBreaking News
Bernstadt auf dem Eigen, on the eastern border with Poland, has dedicated a school to Klaus Riedel, who was instrumental in developing the mobile launch pads for Hitler's wonder weapon that killed some 2,700 civilians in England and injured an estimated 6,500 people.
The honour to Riedel is considered particularly sensitive as the school is in the state of Saxony, where Germany's far-right NPD party has scored well in recent elections.
comments powered by Disqus
Marc Savoy - 2/11/2008
These same town folks were probably dead-set against the British statue dedication to Sir Arthur Harris, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of RAF Bomber Command responsible for the firebombing of German cities in WWII.
In February 1945 Harris wrote "I do not personally regard the whole of the remaining cities of Germany as worth the bones of one British Grenadier. In his memoirs he writes "In spite of all that happened at Hamburg, bombing proved a relatively humane method".
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments