Blogger digs up 1979 ad showing a plane and WTC
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 2/1/2008
...I'm not sure it really resonates the way I expected it to given the headline. Clearly Pakistan International Airline isn't suggesting that they'll ram the towers, though in the light of 9/11 the placement of the shadow looks rather ominous, to be sure.
Without 9/11, though, the text of the ad makes it clear that the image is symbolic of air travel to NY, and entirely benign.
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- Emory’s Leslie Harris says we should remember the racist roots of American colleges as we think about what went wrong at OU and other schools
- Stanford historian looks to the U.S. Postal Service to map the boom and bust of 19th-century American West
- U.S. historian denounces Japanese scholars' statement over wartime sexual slavery
- Timothy V Johnson Named Head of Tamiment Library
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston