Blogger digs up 1979 ad showing a plane and WTC
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 2/1/2008
...I'm not sure it really resonates the way I expected it to given the headline. Clearly Pakistan International Airline isn't suggesting that they'll ram the towers, though in the light of 9/11 the placement of the shadow looks rather ominous, to be sure.
Without 9/11, though, the text of the ad makes it clear that the image is symbolic of air travel to NY, and entirely benign.
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- It happened in Idaho and was the largest massacre of Indians in US history, but where exactly did it take place?
- Junípero Serra’s Missions Destroyed Entire Native Cultures. And Now He’s Going to Be a Saint.
- Isis destruction of Palmyra's Temple of Bel revealed in satellite images
- McKinley's lost his mountain. Should we still remember his presidency?
- Japanese historian upends the familiar narrative of WW 2 by taking a bottom up approach, focusing on fascism from the grassroots
- Holocaust-denying historian David Irving organises 'disgusting' £2,000-a-head holiday tours of former concentration camps and Hitler's HQ so people can 'make up their own mind about the truth'
- 72 history professors sign letter urging removal of Jefferson Davis statue from Kentucky Capitol
- 10 Years After Katrina, the Enduring Value of the Hurricane Digital Memory Bank
- Historian author Antony Beevor says his new World War 2 book may anger Americans