Blogger digs up 1979 ad showing a plane and WTCBreaking News
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 2/1/2008
...I'm not sure it really resonates the way I expected it to given the headline. Clearly Pakistan International Airline isn't suggesting that they'll ram the towers, though in the light of 9/11 the placement of the shadow looks rather ominous, to be sure.
Without 9/11, though, the text of the ad makes it clear that the image is symbolic of air travel to NY, and entirely benign.
- Ben Carson defends linking gun control to the Holocaust
- Secret CIA Report: Pinochet "Personally Ordered" Washington Car-Bombing
- Mike Huckabee’s 1998 Book Is Full Of Fake Quotes From America’s Founders
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow
- Historian Who Probed Austria’s Nazi Past Begins Sentence for Defrauding State
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich