Blogger digs up 1979 ad showing a plane and WTCBreaking News
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 2/1/2008
...I'm not sure it really resonates the way I expected it to given the headline. Clearly Pakistan International Airline isn't suggesting that they'll ram the towers, though in the light of 9/11 the placement of the shadow looks rather ominous, to be sure.
Without 9/11, though, the text of the ad makes it clear that the image is symbolic of air travel to NY, and entirely benign.
- Watch Robert Kennedy Push Gun Control In Same Town As Recent Mass Shooting
- October is LGBT History Month
- Textbook publisher apologizes for passage referring to slavery as immigration
- 60 Minutes interviews the priest who’s made it his mission to expose the forgotten victims of the Holocaust
- ISIS Destroys Triumphal Arches in Palmyra, Syria
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81