Will Smith Says He Was Misunderstood (Re: Hitler)Breaking News
comments powered by Disqus
Irene Solnik - 1/2/2008
Give it a break! I know exactly what it meant and it was not anti-Semitic.
Jonathan Dresner - 12/31/2007
Two points: First, the JDL is one of the most radical, close-minded and dangerous groups purporting to represent the interests of Jews in America, and I'm largely of the opinion that anything they support is a bad idea. Second, Mr. Smith's commentary is entirely correct, and an essential point which underlies historians attempts to understand the worldview and actions of people of the past.
Now I'll get to quote Will Smith in my lectures: wonder if my students will think that's cool or not?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- A ‘Quest for Justice’ for Murdered Civil Rights Pioneer, 52 Years Later
- Under Trump, Most Americans Lack Basic Knowledge to Understand Current Events, Study Finds
- Trump wants a military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue on July 4th
- What Happens When an Entire Campus Is Rooted in the Confederacy?
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar
- Peter Dreier calls on Americans to build monuments to liberal heroes