Will Smith Says He Was Misunderstood (Re: Hitler)
comments powered by Disqus
Irene Solnik - 1/2/2008
Give it a break! I know exactly what it meant and it was not anti-Semitic.
Jonathan Dresner - 1/1/2008
Two points: First, the JDL is one of the most radical, close-minded and dangerous groups purporting to represent the interests of Jews in America, and I'm largely of the opinion that anything they support is a bad idea. Second, Mr. Smith's commentary is entirely correct, and an essential point which underlies historians attempts to understand the worldview and actions of people of the past.
Now I'll get to quote Will Smith in my lectures: wonder if my students will think that's cool or not?
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- OAH denounces anti-gay legislation signed by Indiana governor
- U.S. historian denounces Japanese scholars' statement over wartime sexual slavery
- Timothy V Johnson Named Head of Tamiment Library