Will Smith Says He Was Misunderstood (Re: Hitler)Breaking News
comments powered by Disqus
Irene Solnik - 1/2/2008
Give it a break! I know exactly what it meant and it was not anti-Semitic.
Jonathan Dresner - 12/31/2007
Two points: First, the JDL is one of the most radical, close-minded and dangerous groups purporting to represent the interests of Jews in America, and I'm largely of the opinion that anything they support is a bad idea. Second, Mr. Smith's commentary is entirely correct, and an essential point which underlies historians attempts to understand the worldview and actions of people of the past.
Now I'll get to quote Will Smith in my lectures: wonder if my students will think that's cool or not?
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Trump Budget Proposes Devastating Cuts to Federal History, Archival & Education Programs
- Alabama governor signs law giving thousands of felons their right to vote back
- Jerusalem Post recalls history of the Six-Day War
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?