Islamists Destroy Buddhist Statue
comments powered by Disqus
Tim Matthewson - 11/18/2007
With great regularity, religious groups in the US try to destroy the influence and landmarks and places of worship of their rivals. In face, it happens on a global scale; take a look at the conflicts between Christians and Muslims, Christians and Jews, Protestants and Christians. Indeed there is nothing new about this kind of behavior.
- Kissinger Memo from 1972: Make the North Vietnamese think Nixon and I are crazy
- How Much U.S. History Do Americans Actually Know? Less Than You Think.
- Ice cream cone named after Adolf Hitler on sale in India sparks anger in Germany
- Expressing Outrage over Attacks on Cultural Heritage of Iraq, General Assembly Unanimously Adopts Resolution Calling for Urgent Action
- Isis Palmyra demolition has begun with ancient God Lion statue destroyed
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize