Ward Churchill: Fired professor back at ColoradoBreaking News
The ex-professor was back on campus Tuesday at the invitation of students to teach an unsanctioned course, "ReVisioning American History: Colonization, Genocide and Formation of the U.S. Settler State."
Always a popular figure on campus, Mr. Churchill, 52, was met with applause by the 30 or so students and well-wishers who attended the first session.
"This course is an entirely voluntary exercise for all parties involved," Mr. Churchill said. "It carries no credit, fulfills no institutional requirements, involves payment of no tuition, entails no paycheck to its instructor."
Student organizers reserved a classroom at the Eaton Humanities Building for the unofficial course. According to the syllabus, Mr. Churchill will teach every Tuesday evening through the month of October, with class topics to focus on colonialism, genocide and racism.
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 10/6/2007
If "students" choose to waste time listening to a faux Native American who was terminated, mostly for plagarism and invention of facts and details in his writing, that is what they should do. Chances are he will draw an audience, including many who aren't students but none of this matters as he is merely an unemployeed middle aged man making his last grasp at celebrity. Go away, old man, you've been found out.
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history