Attack on giant Pakistan BuddhaBreaking News
The statue, thought to date from the second century BC, sustained only minimal damage in the attack near Manglore in remote Swat district.
The area has seen a rise in attacks on "un-Islamic" targets in recent months.
This is the first such attack in Pakistan and is reminiscent of the Taleban's 2001 destruction of the giant Buddhas at Bamiyan in Afghanistan.
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 9/15/2007
The Pakastanis would be well advised that the Muslims will be back to attack their Buddha statue. If at first they don't succeed they wait and come back with more dangerous methods. Witness the near ten year period between Trade Center 1 and Trade Center 2.
- Norma Basch, pioneer in legal history, has died
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders