Iran trying to use birthday of Imam Mahdi to rally supportBreaking News
In any society, religion and culture are essential components of national identity, each contributing to the society’s bedrock principles. Throughout Iranian history, Islamic faith and Persian culture have been intimately merged. Yet, successive leaders have tried to promote one or the other in a constant competition for the national soul, usually with the goal of buttressing their own authority. Each effort, however, has ultimately fallen short.
comments powered by Disqus
DeWayne Edward Benson - 8/31/2007
This article said from the New York Times (about President Mahoud Ahamdinejad) is pure fabrication typical of US-Media propaganda.
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the President of Iran, however the religious clergy handle their religious affairs.
This is simply another fabrication such as this Iran President wanting "Israel wiped off the map." The President did not say anything of the sort, it is taken from a report by Iran media. It in fact was a quote by the President of former khomeini who said "the Zionist regime needed to end", as example mentioning the Saddam regime and Russian regime.
Treat (everything) you hear or read in Western Media or the US-Gov as pure propaganda (aka lies), as far from the truth as anyone can get, and you will be much better off.
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”