Iran trying to use birthday of Imam Mahdi to rally support
In any society, religion and culture are essential components of national identity, each contributing to the society’s bedrock principles. Throughout Iranian history, Islamic faith and Persian culture have been intimately merged. Yet, successive leaders have tried to promote one or the other in a constant competition for the national soul, usually with the goal of buttressing their own authority. Each effort, however, has ultimately fallen short.
comments powered by Disqus
DeWayne Edward Benson - 8/31/2007
This article said from the New York Times (about President Mahoud Ahamdinejad) is pure fabrication typical of US-Media propaganda.
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the President of Iran, however the religious clergy handle their religious affairs.
This is simply another fabrication such as this Iran President wanting "Israel wiped off the map." The President did not say anything of the sort, it is taken from a report by Iran media. It in fact was a quote by the President of former khomeini who said "the Zionist regime needed to end", as example mentioning the Saddam regime and Russian regime.
Treat (everything) you hear or read in Western Media or the US-Gov as pure propaganda (aka lies), as far from the truth as anyone can get, and you will be much better off.
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston
- History Department at Connecticut College deplores Facebook post on Palestinians
- Historians join other scholars in protesting Georgia's anti-gay legislation
- Homeland Security historian builds winning case against Salvadoran leader who oversaw crimes
- What Howard Zinn taught the students of Spelman College