When the NYT archives online recirculate misinformation
People are coming forward at the rate of roughly one a day to complain that they are being embarrassed, are worried about losing or not getting jobs, or may be losing customers because of the sudden prominence of old news articles that contain errors or were never followed up.
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 8/31/2007
Not to worry, much of the material they print now is wrong, oudated and incomplete and it doesn't bother them much. Their archives aren't exactly gospel, not that the gospel is gospel, most readers shrug off the Times, today's crap will be fishwrap tomorrow. The old gray lady is in its last throes, an orgy of bile and bias against things American.
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?