Plan to end winner-take-all in CA could alter outcome of the national '08 electionBreaking News
The initiative, which would appear on the June 2008 ballot, would apportion most electoral votes by congressional district instead of by the traditional winner-take-all method. Some twenty districts in CA almost certainly will vote Republican in 2008.
Few voters are expected to participate in the June 2008 election since the primary has been moved up to February.
A similar measure is under consideration in North Carolina. It would result in extra electoral votes for Democrats.
comments powered by Disqus
John D. Beatty - 8/1/2007
Let's hope that this initiative spreads nationwide.
Jonathan Dresner - 8/1/2007
Even if it hurts Democrats in the short run, in the long run proportional representation -- and verifiable paper ballots -- is our only hope of maintaining legitimacy for our democratic system.
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Korean Survivors of Atomic Bombs Renew Fight for Recognition, and Apology
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors