Plan to end winner-take-all in CA could alter outcome of the national '08 electionBreaking News
The initiative, which would appear on the June 2008 ballot, would apportion most electoral votes by congressional district instead of by the traditional winner-take-all method. Some twenty districts in CA almost certainly will vote Republican in 2008.
Few voters are expected to participate in the June 2008 election since the primary has been moved up to February.
A similar measure is under consideration in North Carolina. It would result in extra electoral votes for Democrats.
comments powered by Disqus
John D. Beatty - 8/1/2007
Let's hope that this initiative spreads nationwide.
Jonathan Dresner - 8/1/2007
Even if it hurts Democrats in the short run, in the long run proportional representation -- and verifiable paper ballots -- is our only hope of maintaining legitimacy for our democratic system.
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- East Germany's secrets are slowly being revealed
- William Buckley's FBI files released
- Graphic of the Week: Browse An Archive of 170,000 Depression-Era Photos
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich
- Niall Ferguson leaving Harvard for Stanford
- Integration Of Cheerleaders Was Difficult To Achieve
- New-York Historical Society to Open Women’s History Center