Plan to end winner-take-all in CA could alter outcome of the national '08 election
The initiative, which would appear on the June 2008 ballot, would apportion most electoral votes by congressional district instead of by the traditional winner-take-all method. Some twenty districts in CA almost certainly will vote Republican in 2008.
Few voters are expected to participate in the June 2008 election since the primary has been moved up to February.
A similar measure is under consideration in North Carolina. It would result in extra electoral votes for Democrats.
comments powered by Disqus
John D. Beatty - 8/1/2007
Let's hope that this initiative spreads nationwide.
Jonathan Dresner - 8/1/2007
Even if it hurts Democrats in the short run, in the long run proportional representation -- and verifiable paper ballots -- is our only hope of maintaining legitimacy for our democratic system.
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate