Hemings' descendants meet at MonticelloBreaking News
At the first Monticello Community Gathering over the weekend, attendees discussed family ties and toured downtown Charlottesville and Monticello.
Organizer Diana Redman calls the gathering "an opportunity to get beyond the racial issues." Redman is a descendant of Madison Hemings, one of Hemings' sons.
The Monticello Association has adamantly denied membership to Hemings' descendants, citing lack of evidence that Thomas Jefferson fathered her children.
comments powered by Disqus
Herbert Barger - 7/17/2007
For a full discussion of this Hemings-Jefferson controversy go to web pages: www.angelfire.com/va/TJTruth and www.tjheritage.org. Here you will find a link to the Scholars Commission Report (13 full scholars) that found NO proof of Thomas Jefferson fathering slave children. For three years the Monticello Assn. (TJ descendants) researched many sources including the Monticello Study, the Scholars Commission Reports and their own research facilities and found NO proof of this rumor started by a disgruntled and scandaleous reporter in the Campaign Lies of 1802.
Most of the research points to his much younger brother, Randolph, who was between wives during Sally's childbearing years. As soon as he remarried in 1808 or 1809 Sally had no more children. He was invited to visit Monticello exactly 9 months prior to Eston Hemings's birth.
Jefferson Family Historian
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity