100 Years: Anniversary of Boy Scouts celebrated
Nick Lees and his family have created an image of the movement's founder Robert Baden-Powell in the corn.
The maze, which is open to the public, has been created in a field at Bickleigh, near Tiverton.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 7/18/2007
Lord Baden-Powell created the Boy Scouts in the UK as a secular organization to counter all of the church based ones.
The idea was then taken here and put under the aegis of 'god' and ruined. Bismurching his name and idea.
See Bellamy and the Pledge of Allegiance for another idea twisted to fit the USA mold. Narrow,religous and sectarian.
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean