100 Years: Anniversary of Boy Scouts celebratedBreaking News
Nick Lees and his family have created an image of the movement's founder Robert Baden-Powell in the corn.
The maze, which is open to the public, has been created in a field at Bickleigh, near Tiverton.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 7/18/2007
Lord Baden-Powell created the Boy Scouts in the UK as a secular organization to counter all of the church based ones.
The idea was then taken here and put under the aegis of 'god' and ruined. Bismurching his name and idea.
See Bellamy and the Pledge of Allegiance for another idea twisted to fit the USA mold. Narrow,religous and sectarian.
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools