I tried to warn Bush against Iraq war: PowellBreaking News
Mr Powell has become increasingly outspoken about the level of violence in Iraq, which he believes is in a state of civil war.
"The civil war will ultimately be resolved by a test of arms. It's not going to be pretty to watch, but I don't know any way to avoid it. It is happening now," he said.
comments powered by Disqus
Craig Michael Loftin - 7/12/2007
...and yet he still gave that deceptive Powerpoint presentation to the UN.
Vernon Clayson - 7/11/2007
Colin Powell, once one of the most respected individuals in the world, has no say and should fade out like a real soldier. He could, perhaps, take a lesson from General MacArthur who faded out with dignity after being fired by a man of lesser intellect and experience. Powells career, while honorable, pales in comparison. MacArthur had too much respect and honor to go this "I told you so" route. Go away, General Powell.
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook