I tried to warn Bush against Iraq war: PowellBreaking News
Mr Powell has become increasingly outspoken about the level of violence in Iraq, which he believes is in a state of civil war.
"The civil war will ultimately be resolved by a test of arms. It's not going to be pretty to watch, but I don't know any way to avoid it. It is happening now," he said.
comments powered by Disqus
Craig Michael Loftin - 7/12/2007
...and yet he still gave that deceptive Powerpoint presentation to the UN.
Vernon Clayson - 7/11/2007
Colin Powell, once one of the most respected individuals in the world, has no say and should fade out like a real soldier. He could, perhaps, take a lesson from General MacArthur who faded out with dignity after being fired by a man of lesser intellect and experience. Powells career, while honorable, pales in comparison. MacArthur had too much respect and honor to go this "I told you so" route. Go away, General Powell.
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)