I tried to warn Bush against Iraq war: PowellBreaking News
Mr Powell has become increasingly outspoken about the level of violence in Iraq, which he believes is in a state of civil war.
"The civil war will ultimately be resolved by a test of arms. It's not going to be pretty to watch, but I don't know any way to avoid it. It is happening now," he said.
comments powered by Disqus
Craig Michael Loftin - 7/12/2007
...and yet he still gave that deceptive Powerpoint presentation to the UN.
Vernon Clayson - 7/11/2007
Colin Powell, once one of the most respected individuals in the world, has no say and should fade out like a real soldier. He could, perhaps, take a lesson from General MacArthur who faded out with dignity after being fired by a man of lesser intellect and experience. Powells career, while honorable, pales in comparison. MacArthur had too much respect and honor to go this "I told you so" route. Go away, General Powell.
- Secret CIA Report: Pinochet "Personally Ordered" Washington Car-Bombing
- Mike Huckabee’s 1998 Book Is Full Of Fake Quotes From America’s Founders
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- East Germany's secrets are slowly being revealed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow
- Historian Who Probed Austria’s Nazi Past Begins Sentence for Defrauding State
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich