I tried to warn Bush against Iraq war: PowellBreaking News
Mr Powell has become increasingly outspoken about the level of violence in Iraq, which he believes is in a state of civil war.
"The civil war will ultimately be resolved by a test of arms. It's not going to be pretty to watch, but I don't know any way to avoid it. It is happening now," he said.
comments powered by Disqus
Craig Michael Loftin - 7/12/2007
...and yet he still gave that deceptive Powerpoint presentation to the UN.
Vernon Clayson - 7/11/2007
Colin Powell, once one of the most respected individuals in the world, has no say and should fade out like a real soldier. He could, perhaps, take a lesson from General MacArthur who faded out with dignity after being fired by a man of lesser intellect and experience. Powells career, while honorable, pales in comparison. MacArthur had too much respect and honor to go this "I told you so" route. Go away, General Powell.
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea