Bush compares Iraq War to American RevolutionBreaking News
Like the revolutionaries who "dropped their pitchforks and picked up their muskets to fight for liberty", Mr Bush said American soldiers were fighting "a new and unprecedented war" to protect US freedom.
In a reprise of speeches he delivered in the congressional campaign last year, Mr Bush said the threat that emerged on September 11, 2001, remained, and "a major enemy in Iraq is the same enemy that dared attack the US on that fateful day".
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 7/11/2007
Part of propoganda is creation of a semantic enviroment of your own chosing. These false or inappropriat analogies fit that profile. Recall Reagan's comparison of the 'contras' of Nicaragua as 'like our own rebels angainst British rule.' The fact that these so-called freedom fighters were made up of the same thugs that had used terror,torcher and muder under the West friendly Samoza dictator.
I find it debatable as to whether Bush is insane or not.I would say not.
Craig Michael Loftin - 7/7/2007
Bush has completely lost his mind.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges