Bush compares Iraq War to American RevolutionBreaking News
Like the revolutionaries who "dropped their pitchforks and picked up their muskets to fight for liberty", Mr Bush said American soldiers were fighting "a new and unprecedented war" to protect US freedom.
In a reprise of speeches he delivered in the congressional campaign last year, Mr Bush said the threat that emerged on September 11, 2001, remained, and "a major enemy in Iraq is the same enemy that dared attack the US on that fateful day".
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 7/11/2007
Part of propoganda is creation of a semantic enviroment of your own chosing. These false or inappropriat analogies fit that profile. Recall Reagan's comparison of the 'contras' of Nicaragua as 'like our own rebels angainst British rule.' The fact that these so-called freedom fighters were made up of the same thugs that had used terror,torcher and muder under the West friendly Samoza dictator.
I find it debatable as to whether Bush is insane or not.I would say not.
Craig Michael Loftin - 7/7/2007
Bush has completely lost his mind.
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"