Bush compares Iraq War to American RevolutionBreaking News
Like the revolutionaries who "dropped their pitchforks and picked up their muskets to fight for liberty", Mr Bush said American soldiers were fighting "a new and unprecedented war" to protect US freedom.
In a reprise of speeches he delivered in the congressional campaign last year, Mr Bush said the threat that emerged on September 11, 2001, remained, and "a major enemy in Iraq is the same enemy that dared attack the US on that fateful day".
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 7/11/2007
Part of propoganda is creation of a semantic enviroment of your own chosing. These false or inappropriat analogies fit that profile. Recall Reagan's comparison of the 'contras' of Nicaragua as 'like our own rebels angainst British rule.' The fact that these so-called freedom fighters were made up of the same thugs that had used terror,torcher and muder under the West friendly Samoza dictator.
I find it debatable as to whether Bush is insane or not.I would say not.
Craig Michael Loftin - 7/7/2007
Bush has completely lost his mind.
- Frontline does Trump & Clinton
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- Chicago Tribune editorial: The government should release secret grand jury testimony about its 1942 scoop: "Jap Plan to Strike at Sea"
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Annette Gordon-Reed tells historians the controversy over Harvard law school's shield is different from the fight over the Confederate flag
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017