Bush compares Iraq War to American RevolutionBreaking News
Like the revolutionaries who "dropped their pitchforks and picked up their muskets to fight for liberty", Mr Bush said American soldiers were fighting "a new and unprecedented war" to protect US freedom.
In a reprise of speeches he delivered in the congressional campaign last year, Mr Bush said the threat that emerged on September 11, 2001, remained, and "a major enemy in Iraq is the same enemy that dared attack the US on that fateful day".
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 7/11/2007
Part of propoganda is creation of a semantic enviroment of your own chosing. These false or inappropriat analogies fit that profile. Recall Reagan's comparison of the 'contras' of Nicaragua as 'like our own rebels angainst British rule.' The fact that these so-called freedom fighters were made up of the same thugs that had used terror,torcher and muder under the West friendly Samoza dictator.
I find it debatable as to whether Bush is insane or not.I would say not.
Craig Michael Loftin - 7/7/2007
Bush has completely lost his mind.
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit