Russell Kirk: Debating his legacyHistorians in the News
Not surprisingly, Gottfried is not alone in denouncing Wolfe. Jeffrey O. Nelson, president of the Thomas More College of Liberal Arts, writes on the National Review Web site: "One could write a thesis on Wolfe’s misreading of Kirk’s understanding of American constitutionalism, but it would make dull reading, since Wolfe is a minor figure and his errors are so obvious." And over at The American Scene, Daniel Larison of The American Conservative asks, "Does anyone care what Alan Wolfe thinks?"
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history