Robert Dallek: How he ended up making an appearance at a furniture store
Dallek at Dallek's?
A publicity man's dream headline. What's behind it?
Turns out Robert Dallek's uncles own the well-known Dallek's furniture store, he told us in an email. When the book came out they asked him to make an appearance and sign copies of his new book on Nixon and Kissinger (the June HNN Book of the Month). And he agreed.
It was just like a bookstore appearance, Dallek told us.
Don't we all wish we had uncles like Bob's?
Hat Tip: Mother Shenkman
comments powered by Disqus
- Hull of Confederate Submarine H.L. Hunley Found 150 Years Later
- U.S. Textbook Skews History, Prime Minister of Japan Says
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History