Robert Dallek: How he ended up making an appearance at a furniture store
Dallek at Dallek's?
A publicity man's dream headline. What's behind it?
Turns out Robert Dallek's uncles own the well-known Dallek's furniture store, he told us in an email. When the book came out they asked him to make an appearance and sign copies of his new book on Nixon and Kissinger (the June HNN Book of the Month). And he agreed.
It was just like a bookstore appearance, Dallek told us.
Don't we all wish we had uncles like Bob's?
Hat Tip: Mother Shenkman
comments powered by Disqus
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC