South Korea, Japan history talks enter new phaseBreaking News
The two sides agreed to hold two more years of discussions and compile a report based on their talks, according to representatives from the two countries...
"We also agreed to hold the next plenary session on Nov. 24 in Seoul and to hold the meetings of the various subgroups as appropriate," Yasushi Toriumi, who heads the Japanese team, told a joint news conference after the one-day meeting in Tokyo.
The 34-member research committee, comprising 17 representatives from each country, basically discussed logistical matters in the inaugural session of the talks' second phase, such as how to proceed with their research. The members include university professors, history experts and researchers...
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history