Agency Is Target in Cheney Fight on Secrecy DataBreaking News
The Information Security Oversight Office, a unit of the National Archives, appealed the issue to the Justice Department, which has not yet ruled on the matter.
Representative Henry A. Waxman, Democrat of California and chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, disclosed Mr. Cheney’s effort to shut down the oversight office. Mr. Waxman, who has had a leading role in the stepped-up efforts by Democrats to investigate the Bush administration, outlined the matter in an eight-page letter sent Thursday to the vice president and posted, along with other documentation, on the committee’s Web site.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 6/27/2007
Well he does claim to be the fourth branch of gov't.Though in actuallity he is our shadow president,of both our shadow gov't and gov't letting Bush play at being a dictator. Cheney makes the decisions.
Kathryn Margaret Wilhelm - 6/22/2007
Cheney has a lot to hide. A LOT.
He's getting so fat rich off this war it goes beyond criminal.
If tried in front of a grand jury, he might get off of a mental health disorder. He's a sociopath.
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments