George Washington's office unearthed in PhiladelphiaBreaking News
The uncovered office is where Washington met with his Cabinet, and generals discussed military strategy.
“Now we have the artifact of the office of the president. We have the underground passage that was used by the servants, including he enslaved. We have the bow window that Washington adds that later is echoed in the Oval Office,” said Lawler.
The house that was destroyed in 1832 has answered many questions for city historians.
“The wonderful thing about the archeology is that is validates both the presidents and the enslaved,” said Lawler.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- For decades they hid Jefferson’s relationship with her. Now Monticello is making room for Sally Hemings.
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans