George Washington's office unearthed in Philadelphia
The uncovered office is where Washington met with his Cabinet, and generals discussed military strategy.
“Now we have the artifact of the office of the president. We have the underground passage that was used by the servants, including he enslaved. We have the bow window that Washington adds that later is echoed in the Oval Office,” said Lawler.
The house that was destroyed in 1832 has answered many questions for city historians.
“The wonderful thing about the archeology is that is validates both the presidents and the enslaved,” said Lawler.
comments powered by Disqus
- 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged
- Martin Amis’s ‘Zone of Interest’ Makes European Publishers Squirm
- Urban Outfitters Features "Vintage" Red-Stained Kent State Sweatshirt
- Americans know surprisingly little about their government, survey finds
- Do You Have Snippets of the Star-Spangled Banner?