George Washington's office unearthed in Philadelphia
The uncovered office is where Washington met with his Cabinet, and generals discussed military strategy.
“Now we have the artifact of the office of the president. We have the underground passage that was used by the servants, including he enslaved. We have the bow window that Washington adds that later is echoed in the Oval Office,” said Lawler.
The house that was destroyed in 1832 has answered many questions for city historians.
“The wonderful thing about the archeology is that is validates both the presidents and the enslaved,” said Lawler.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- Junípero Serra’s Missions Destroyed Entire Native Cultures. And Now He’s Going to Be a Saint.
- Isis destruction of Palmyra's Temple of Bel revealed in satellite images
- Two scholars from UT object to the Texas school's decision to remove the statue of Jefferson Davis
- A history professor explains why Americans are so prone to conspiracy theories
- Now Greg Grandin has come out with a study of Henry Kissinger