Researchers seek DNA link to Lost Roanoke ColonyBreaking News
"The Lost Colony story is the biggest unsolved mystery in the history of America," said Roberta Estes, owner of DNA Explain, a private DNA analysis company based in Brighton, Mich. "I don't know what we'll find in the end. Part of the big question for me is, did the Lost Colony survive? Who is their family today? And where did they go?"
As director of DNA research for the Lost Colony Center for Science and Research, Estes will manage a multidisciplinary approach to tracking roots from a "most-wanted list" of people who might have connections to the Roanoke colonists or to the 16th century American Indians - or to both.
Estes said the team includes a professional genealogist, an anthropologist, a geneticist and a family tree DNA expert...
comments powered by Disqus
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors
- Black Death maps reveal how the plague devastated medieval Britain
- Bernie Sanders picks Cornel West to help write Democratic platform
- Trump is empowering anti-Semites, Holocaust deniers, and White nationalists
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed