AZ Teacher says key events missing from new history text
When fifth-graders open their history book, History Alive! America's Past, this fall they may not find some notable events, or noteworthy people, you'd expect to be there.
"Give me liberty or give me death"?
Not there, and neither is Patrick Henry, the fiery Virginian credited with making the famous declaration.
Founding father Alexander Hamilton and The Trail of Tears also fail to make an appearance.
And as for Harriet Beecher Stowe, whom Civil War President Abraham Lincoln described as "the little woman who wrote the book that started this great war," she's missing in action, too.
comments powered by Disqus
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC
- Historian enlists Plato in campaign to win converts to an exciting way to teach history