NEH budget probably to go upBreaking News
NEH would receive an increase of $19 million over both its FY 2007 appropriation and the administration’s FY ‘08 request. NEH’s budget would go from the current $141 million to $160 million, and would also be in parity with the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), which would see a $35 million increase over last year’s number up to $160 million.
During the markup, House Appropriations Committee Chairman David Obey (D-WI) heaped praise on the programs of the NEH and NEA stating that unless the arts and humanities are fully integrated into the U.S. educational system, from kindergarten through the undergraduate level, the nation’s workforce will have difficulty being competitive in the world marketplace.
comments powered by Disqus
- Agriculture Linked to DNA Changes in Ancient Europe
- A Century Ago, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Changed Everything
- At Princeton, Woodrow Wilson, a Heralded Alum, Is Recast as an Intolerant One
- Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled
- Secret pagan basilica in Rome emerges from the shadows after 2,000 years