NEH budget probably to go up
NEH would receive an increase of $19 million over both its FY 2007 appropriation and the administration’s FY ‘08 request. NEH’s budget would go from the current $141 million to $160 million, and would also be in parity with the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), which would see a $35 million increase over last year’s number up to $160 million.
During the markup, House Appropriations Committee Chairman David Obey (D-WI) heaped praise on the programs of the NEH and NEA stating that unless the arts and humanities are fully integrated into the U.S. educational system, from kindergarten through the undergraduate level, the nation’s workforce will have difficulty being competitive in the world marketplace.
comments powered by Disqus
- Swastikas, Hate and Confusion
- Obama chooses Chicago to host his presidential library
- Arizona State class on “The Problem of Whiteness” sparks neo-Nazi campaign
- How Curfews Have Changed Through History
- Supreme Court justices called to task for saying institution of marriage hasn't changed in millennia