Museum for Medal of Honor winnersBreaking News
The refurbished $1.5 million Medal of Honor Museum is set to open Memorial Day weekend aboard the USS Yorktown on Charleston Harbor as a tribute to the 3,444 recipients of the nation's highest military honor.
''It was absolutely breathtaking -- the tightness in the chest and the water in the eye,'' said Gary Littrell, a Congressional Medal of Honor recipient who saw the completed museum for the first time Monday.
NBC Nightly News Story (scroll down)
comments powered by Disqus
Michael Finn - 5/24/2007
Just a word of advice ........The brave folks who have been awarded this nation's highest military honor would prefer to be referred to as "Medal of Honor Recipients."
When the phrase "Medal of Honor Winner" is used it makes the medal sound like it was something won in a competition.
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook