Museum for Medal of Honor winnersBreaking News
The refurbished $1.5 million Medal of Honor Museum is set to open Memorial Day weekend aboard the USS Yorktown on Charleston Harbor as a tribute to the 3,444 recipients of the nation's highest military honor.
''It was absolutely breathtaking -- the tightness in the chest and the water in the eye,'' said Gary Littrell, a Congressional Medal of Honor recipient who saw the completed museum for the first time Monday.
NBC Nightly News Story (scroll down)
comments powered by Disqus
Michael Finn - 5/24/2007
Just a word of advice ........The brave folks who have been awarded this nation's highest military honor would prefer to be referred to as "Medal of Honor Recipients."
When the phrase "Medal of Honor Winner" is used it makes the medal sound like it was something won in a competition.
- Watch every presidential debate since 1960
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history