Museum for Medal of Honor winnersBreaking News
The refurbished $1.5 million Medal of Honor Museum is set to open Memorial Day weekend aboard the USS Yorktown on Charleston Harbor as a tribute to the 3,444 recipients of the nation's highest military honor.
''It was absolutely breathtaking -- the tightness in the chest and the water in the eye,'' said Gary Littrell, a Congressional Medal of Honor recipient who saw the completed museum for the first time Monday.
NBC Nightly News Story (scroll down)
comments powered by Disqus
Michael Finn - 5/24/2007
Just a word of advice ........The brave folks who have been awarded this nation's highest military honor would prefer to be referred to as "Medal of Honor Recipients."
When the phrase "Medal of Honor Winner" is used it makes the medal sound like it was something won in a competition.
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools