Museum for Medal of Honor winnersBreaking News
The refurbished $1.5 million Medal of Honor Museum is set to open Memorial Day weekend aboard the USS Yorktown on Charleston Harbor as a tribute to the 3,444 recipients of the nation's highest military honor.
''It was absolutely breathtaking -- the tightness in the chest and the water in the eye,'' said Gary Littrell, a Congressional Medal of Honor recipient who saw the completed museum for the first time Monday.
NBC Nightly News Story (scroll down)
comments powered by Disqus
Michael Finn - 5/25/2007
Just a word of advice ........The brave folks who have been awarded this nation's highest military honor would prefer to be referred to as "Medal of Honor Recipients."
When the phrase "Medal of Honor Winner" is used it makes the medal sound like it was something won in a competition.
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments