Harvard approves new general education curriculum
The new curriculum requires students take semester-long courses in each of seven areas including ethical reasoning, critical skills, mathematical reasoning, sciences of living systems, sciences of the physical world and"The United States and the World." It also requires a semester-long course focused on" culture and belief to develop an understanding of and appreciation for traditions of culture and belief in human societies." The overhaul comes after years of internal debate over what courses should be required of all Harvard students.
Harvard Crimson article
comments powered by Disqus
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?