Historic bowler hats making a comeback?
Spy picked up the trail at Lock & Co, the famous St James's hatters which has supplied the Palace for more than 300 years.
"Actually bowlers are pretty popular right now," says a spokesman."A lot of the fashion press are starting to feature them. For women it's a fashion statement; for men, like the princes on parade, it's a sign of respect."
He adds with a sigh:"Of course, no one's wearing a bowler to work in the City any more."
Photo: Princes in bowlers Brim full of English social history
comments powered by Disqus
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet
- The U.S. Discovery of Israel's Secret Nuclear Project