Historic bowler hats making a comeback?
Spy picked up the trail at Lock & Co, the famous St James's hatters which has supplied the Palace for more than 300 years.
"Actually bowlers are pretty popular right now," says a spokesman."A lot of the fashion press are starting to feature them. For women it's a fashion statement; for men, like the princes on parade, it's a sign of respect."
He adds with a sigh:"Of course, no one's wearing a bowler to work in the City any more."
Photo: Princes in bowlers Brim full of English social history
comments powered by Disqus
- National Security Archive Sues State Department Over Kissinger Telephone Messages
- White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian Civilization
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar