After admiring Nazi art, Brit pop star dropped as face of clothing line
The move follows criticism of the singer over remarks he made about Nazi Germany and his admiration for the work of Leni Riefenstahl, notorious for her Nazi propaganda films...
The male style icon provoked outrage in the Jewish community after The Independent...revealed the contents of an interview he gave in Germany.
In the piece, published in Welt am Sonntag, the 61-year-old acknowledged to calling his studio in west London his Führerbunker and revealed how he reveres the aesthetics of Nazi Germany.
"My God, the Nazis knew how to present themselves," he said.
"Leni Riefenstahl's movies and Albert Speer's buildings and the mass parades and the flags -- just amazing. Really beautiful."
comments powered by Disqus
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?