After admiring Nazi art, Brit pop star dropped as face of clothing lineBreaking News
The move follows criticism of the singer over remarks he made about Nazi Germany and his admiration for the work of Leni Riefenstahl, notorious for her Nazi propaganda films...
The male style icon provoked outrage in the Jewish community after The Independent...revealed the contents of an interview he gave in Germany.
In the piece, published in Welt am Sonntag, the 61-year-old acknowledged to calling his studio in west London his Führerbunker and revealed how he reveres the aesthetics of Nazi Germany.
"My God, the Nazis knew how to present themselves," he said.
"Leni Riefenstahl's movies and Albert Speer's buildings and the mass parades and the flags -- just amazing. Really beautiful."
comments powered by Disqus
- Why You Should Feel Free to Ignore Polls for a Few Weeks
- Neanderthals in Germany Went Extinct Right After Population Peak
- A Worker Broke a Window at Yale and Shed Light on History
- Which Barack Obama speech is the one for the history books?
- A Brief History Of Spousal Speeches At Political Conventions