Estonia speeds up plans to find new home for Soviet SoldierBreaking News
"The Estonian government will begin preparatory works today (Sunday) at the military cemetery in central Tallinn to relocate the Bronze Soldier," the foreign ministry said in a statement.
The 2.5-metre (eight-feet) high statue was removed early Friday from the site in central Tallinn where it had stood for decades, after rioters raged through the capital the night before...
"The government plans to move faster with the relocation of the monument to the new site. It may be done by May 8," government spokeswoman Inga Jagomae told AFP.
Estonians mark the anniversary of victory over the Nazis in World War II on May 8, while the country's ethnic Russian community, which makes up a quarter of the population of 1.34 million, celebrates the end of the war the following day.
comments powered by Disqus
Thomas W Hagedorn - 7/19/2004
Arnold - I would suggest avoiding some of the institutions created by those evil Christians - like 80% of American hospitals, probably a majority of the private colleges (by they way, Christians even had key roles in the founding of many public universities today - eg Ohio U. and Miami U. as two examples). Then there is the United Way (founded by Christian ministers in Denver), Salvation (yikes, that is actually a Protestant religion!), YMCA, YWCA (the "C" stands for Christian, Arnold), Red Cross (imagine, putting the word "Cross" in the name of an institution). How did these evil people in this horrid religion happen to found all these charitable organizations? Well, perhaps we'll find out when you publish your book. I'll bet it will be a real page-turner!
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Inside story finally told of the young US diplomat who cracked the case of the murder of 4 nuns in El Salvador in 1980
- Newly released interactive map shows images of destroyed monuments of Mosul
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges
- English professor uses literature to help cure historical amnesia
- WSJ features an article by a conservative calling for the abolition of Black History Month
- Mary Beard, herself a bestselling author, wonders why more women historians aren't