Nominations for the 2007 AHA Election
President (1-year term)
Gabrielle M. Spiegel, Johns Hopkins University (medieval, with a special interest in historiography and linguistic analysis, medieval and contemporary)President-elect (1-year term)
Peter Stearns, George Mason University (U.S. social, world)
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, Harvard University (U.S. to 1815, comparative gender history since 1600)
Vice-President, Professional Division (3-year term)
Ronald Grigor Suny, University of Michigan (Soviet Union and post-Soviet Russia; nationalism; ethnic conflict; the role of emotions in politics; South Caucasus; Russian/Soviet historiography)
David J. Weber, Southern Methodist University (Borderlands, American West, Latin America)...
comments powered by Disqus
- 2 conservative groups are leading the fight against the new AP standards
- The secret of successful history departments
- AHA president suggests older historians should consider making way for younger historians
- Niall Ferguson Joins Schwarzman Scholars as Distinguished Visiting Professor in China
- Francis Fukuyama is still bullish on where history is headed, but Americans should worry: republics can decay.