Nominations for the 2007 AHA Election
President (1-year term)
Gabrielle M. Spiegel, Johns Hopkins University (medieval, with a special interest in historiography and linguistic analysis, medieval and contemporary)President-elect (1-year term)
Peter Stearns, George Mason University (U.S. social, world)
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, Harvard University (U.S. to 1815, comparative gender history since 1600)
Vice-President, Professional Division (3-year term)
Ronald Grigor Suny, University of Michigan (Soviet Union and post-Soviet Russia; nationalism; ethnic conflict; the role of emotions in politics; South Caucasus; Russian/Soviet historiography)
David J. Weber, Southern Methodist University (Borderlands, American West, Latin America)...
comments powered by Disqus
- Thomas Piketty accuses Germany of forgetting history as it lectures Greece
- Greek ‘No’ May Have Its Roots in Heroic Myths and Real Resistance
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Richmond split over Confederate history
- Historian: "I don’t want my students to simply choose sides in a polemic between heritage and hate"
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.