'Check it!' On its bicentennial Wordsworth poem updated to rapBreaking News
But verse-lovers should put their fingers in the ears now - for the poem has been 'updated' for the 21st century by being turned into a cringe-making rap song.
Set to a driving beat, the rap encourages the listener to 'Check It' and the daffodils are no longer 'tossing their heads in sprightly dance' but 'tossing up their heads like a pogo dance'.
The rap has been recorded to mark the bicentenary of the poem with the aim of appealing to the next generation of Lake District visitors.
And as well as the embarrassing song, tourist chiefs have commissioned an equally toe-curling pop video featuring a man dressed as a giant red squirrel. The video of 'MC Nuts' was shot on the banks of Ullswater...
A Cumbria Tourism spokesman said:"Wordsworth's Daffodils poem has remained unchanged for 200 years and to keep it alive for another two centuries we wanted to engage the YouTube generation who want modern music and amusing video footage on the web.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ben Carson defends linking gun control to the Holocaust
- Secret CIA Report: Pinochet "Personally Ordered" Washington Car-Bombing
- Mike Huckabee’s 1998 Book Is Full Of Fake Quotes From America’s Founders
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow
- Historian Who Probed Austria’s Nazi Past Begins Sentence for Defrauding State
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich