'Check it!' On its bicentennial Wordsworth poem updated to rap
But verse-lovers should put their fingers in the ears now - for the poem has been 'updated' for the 21st century by being turned into a cringe-making rap song.
Set to a driving beat, the rap encourages the listener to 'Check It' and the daffodils are no longer 'tossing their heads in sprightly dance' but 'tossing up their heads like a pogo dance'.
The rap has been recorded to mark the bicentenary of the poem with the aim of appealing to the next generation of Lake District visitors.
And as well as the embarrassing song, tourist chiefs have commissioned an equally toe-curling pop video featuring a man dressed as a giant red squirrel. The video of 'MC Nuts' was shot on the banks of Ullswater...
A Cumbria Tourism spokesman said:"Wordsworth's Daffodils poem has remained unchanged for 200 years and to keep it alive for another two centuries we wanted to engage the YouTube generation who want modern music and amusing video footage on the web.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic