Library dumps valuable old medical books
More than 50 scientists and students at the Institute of Psychiatry in London have signed a petition calling for the reorganisation of its library to be suspended, after books that appear to have belonged to Sir Frederick Mott were rescued from a skip.
Another discarded book includes an original article by Carl Gustav Jung, who collaborated with Sigmund Freud.
Marco Catani, a postdoctoral fellow at the Institute who rescued many of the older books, questioned the decision to throw the documents out without attempting to sell them.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic