Library dumps valuable old medical books
More than 50 scientists and students at the Institute of Psychiatry in London have signed a petition calling for the reorganisation of its library to be suspended, after books that appear to have belonged to Sir Frederick Mott were rescued from a skip.
Another discarded book includes an original article by Carl Gustav Jung, who collaborated with Sigmund Freud.
Marco Catani, a postdoctoral fellow at the Institute who rescued many of the older books, questioned the decision to throw the documents out without attempting to sell them.
comments powered by Disqus
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate