National Trust announces 'Dozen Distinctive Destinations'
The organization recognizes 12 places each year for their dedication to historic preservation and recommends them as vacation destinations.
While New Orleans was not on the list of 12, the National Trust also commended the city for"exemplary achievement in heritage tourism."
[The dozen are Charlottesville, Va.; Chatham, Mass.; Chestertown, Md.; Durango, Colo.; Ellensburg, Wash.; Hillsborough, N.C.; Little Rock, Ark.; Mineral Point, Wis.; Morgantown, W.Va.; Providence, R.I.; West Hollywood, Calif.; and Woodstock, Ill.]
Dozen Distinctive Destinations, 2007 (NTHP)
comments powered by Disqus
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?