National Trust announces 'Dozen Distinctive Destinations'
The organization recognizes 12 places each year for their dedication to historic preservation and recommends them as vacation destinations.
While New Orleans was not on the list of 12, the National Trust also commended the city for"exemplary achievement in heritage tourism."
[The dozen are Charlottesville, Va.; Chatham, Mass.; Chestertown, Md.; Durango, Colo.; Ellensburg, Wash.; Hillsborough, N.C.; Little Rock, Ark.; Mineral Point, Wis.; Morgantown, W.Va.; Providence, R.I.; West Hollywood, Calif.; and Woodstock, Ill.]
Dozen Distinctive Destinations, 2007 (NTHP)
comments powered by Disqus
- Historians gloss over too many unpalatable truths, Antony Beevor says
- Historian shares his own experience with mental illness
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?