Australia, UK in court over artifactsBreaking News
The Australian Government yesterday announced it would seek to join the legal fight to stop researchers at London's Natural History Museum testing the skulls and bones of 17 Tasmanian Aborigines.
It will apply to be part of a court battle beginning late today in the British High Court, when the Tasmanian Aboriginal Centre (TAC) applies to have a temporary ban on testing made permanent.
The TAC last week won an interim injunction in London to stop the museum testing the remains amid fears they could be damaged.
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments