In Jerusalem archaeology is politics
Jerusalem 'tense' after clashes
comments powered by Disqus
Allen Howard Roth - 2/10/2007
In his new book The Fight For Jerusalem, Professor Dore Gold makes a compelling case that over the centuries Muslims have elevated the importance of Jerusalem when it suited their politcal purposes. Gold recently participated in a discussion about his book with bloggers which can be heard at www.onejerusalem.org.
- Dr. Saad Eskander's forced departure from Iraq's National Library and Archives deplored
- Nancy Cott selected as the next President-Elect of the Organization of American Historians
- Scholar calls ISIS destruction of antiquities an example of ethnic cleansing
- Historian Qingjia Edward Wang never thought he would one day write a book about chopsticks.
- Bernard Bailyn’s influence on the profession is hailed in the WSJ