Planned movie denies Nanking massacreBreaking News
Satoru Mizushima, director and producer of "Nanking No Shinjitsu," or "The Truth About Nanking," announced his project Thursday at a news conference in Tokyo. About 40 people, including two members of parliament, academics and film critics, came to the announcement to give him their support, the Japan Times reported.
Another documentary, "Nanking," was shown at the Sundance Film Festival last month in the United States. "Nanking" includes interviews with people who were living in the city in 1937.
A feature movie based on the Iris Chang book, "The Rape of Nanking," is in production.
Most historians believe the Japanese Imperial Army killed 200,000 Chinese in Nanking in 1937. Mizushima disagrees.
"I feel a huge responsibility to spread a correct understanding of history," the director said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- East Germany's secrets are slowly being revealed
- William Buckley's FBI files released
- Graphic of the Week: Browse An Archive of 170,000 Depression-Era Photos
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich
- Niall Ferguson leaving Harvard for Stanford
- Integration Of Cheerleaders Was Difficult To Achieve
- New-York Historical Society to Open Women’s History Center