S.M.U. Faculty Complains About Bush LibraryBreaking News
In a meeting Tuesday, faculty members complained of a lack of consultation over the emerging agreement and all but demanded answers from the university’s president, R. Gerald Turner, on the relationship that would develop between the university and the library....
Thomas J. Knock, a professor of history, said the public might have trouble differentiating between the library, museum and the university.
James K. Hopkins, chairman of the history department who was co-chairman of the meeting with Ms. Blair, a professor of theater, said he had asked Dr. Turner under what circumstances the university would “walk away” from a deal with the library.
“There was this very indirect response to that,” Dr. Hopkins said.
History vs. Hagiography
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 1/11/2007
Dr. Hopkins is the Dixie Chicks is Dan Rather is Chris Matthews is Ward Churchill, ad infinitum. How can an individual, indeed an historian, be so removed from history happening as to be biased against an archive of the stature of a presidential library.George Bush is a two term president enduring the enmity of a bitter and biased media while the country is in a period of prosperity unmatched in any age. That alone should make him interesting to students not yet born, even if the Dixie Chicks and Dr. Hopkins are shamed by his Texas roots.
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian