S.M.U. Faculty Complains About Bush LibraryBreaking News
In a meeting Tuesday, faculty members complained of a lack of consultation over the emerging agreement and all but demanded answers from the university’s president, R. Gerald Turner, on the relationship that would develop between the university and the library....
Thomas J. Knock, a professor of history, said the public might have trouble differentiating between the library, museum and the university.
James K. Hopkins, chairman of the history department who was co-chairman of the meeting with Ms. Blair, a professor of theater, said he had asked Dr. Turner under what circumstances the university would “walk away” from a deal with the library.
“There was this very indirect response to that,” Dr. Hopkins said.
History vs. Hagiography
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 1/11/2007
Dr. Hopkins is the Dixie Chicks is Dan Rather is Chris Matthews is Ward Churchill, ad infinitum. How can an individual, indeed an historian, be so removed from history happening as to be biased against an archive of the stature of a presidential library.George Bush is a two term president enduring the enmity of a bitter and biased media while the country is in a period of prosperity unmatched in any age. That alone should make him interesting to students not yet born, even if the Dixie Chicks and Dr. Hopkins are shamed by his Texas roots.
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK
- Most Students Have No Clue What Accurate Native American History Looks Like
- Historians Re-Enter Presidential Studies