Back from Tehran, UK rabbi claims Holocaust dead ‘deserved it’
Ahron Cohen, an Orthodox Jew from Greater Manchester and a leading member of the anti-Zionist Neturei Karta movement, sparked new controversy on his return from Tehran by suggesting that God would have saved the victims of the Nazis if they had deserved to live.
Cohen, whose house in Salford was pelted with 1,000 eggs lastyear because of his extremist views, told The Sunday Times: “There is no question that there was a Holocaust and gas chambers. There are too many eyewitnesses.
“However, our approach is that when one suffers, the one who perpetrates the suffering is obviously guilty but he will never succeed if the victim did not deserve it in one way or another.
“We have to look within to improve and try to better ourselvesand remove those characteristics or actions that may have been the cause of the success of the Holocaust.”
comments powered by Disqus
DeWayne Edward Benson - 12/22/2006
I have read a number of articles critical of Rabbi Cohens trip, none have varified the few articles like this, claiming Cohen believed those who died in the holocaust deserved dying. Nor did Rabbi Cohen say that the holocaust did not happen. He said he was going to break the Zionist using the holocaust for their own purpose.
This vindictiveness is interesting, the Judiac or Othodox Jews do condemn the secular Zionist government in Israel, and for good reason. Many of these religious Jews had lived many years in peace with the Arabs of Palestine, long before the Zionist polictical arm began (thru the UN) the present Zionist government as the State of Israel.
If you took a close look at what this Zionist government has accomplished in Palestine, you would be very shocked.
According to Zech. God will gather the scattered chosen people from the nations, out into the desert's of these nations, God will then purge the rebellious, then and only then does God gather this remnant elect into Israel forever. Today the gathering by man has all the signs of man, even though it will fulfill prophecy.
- On Time-Lapse Rocket Ride to Trade Center’s Top, Glimpse of Doomed Tower
- Turkish Premier Says European Stance on Armenian Genocide Reflects Racism
- Ben Affleck Asked PBS to Not Reveal Slave-Owning Ancestor
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Historian Jack Ross says the Socialist Party was the most important third party of the 20th century
- Mourning a People’s Historian: Michael Mizell-Nelson
- Robert V. Hine dies at 93; historian wrote of losing, regaining sight
- Historicizing Ferguson: Police Violence and the Genesis of a National Movement
- Historians as Public Intellectuals