Bush Cites Body Counts as Proof of Success in Iraq
comments powered by Disqus
DeWayne Edward Benson - 12/22/2006
Not long ago there was mounting cry about US Service men being killed in Iraq. Today the body count is still rising, as Bush celebrates victory, but the reason for the static death data may be found in the fact that Iraqi people instead are seeing a very sharp rise in killing.
Perhaps we need take our focus off the Vietnam similarity in Iraq, and pay closer attention to El Salvadore, and the Salvadore Option.
- New Churchill Museum director shares vision
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome