Bush Cites Body Counts as Proof of Success in Iraq
comments powered by Disqus
DeWayne Edward Benson - 12/22/2006
Not long ago there was mounting cry about US Service men being killed in Iraq. Today the body count is still rising, as Bush celebrates victory, but the reason for the static death data may be found in the fact that Iraqi people instead are seeing a very sharp rise in killing.
Perhaps we need take our focus off the Vietnam similarity in Iraq, and pay closer attention to El Salvadore, and the Salvadore Option.
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?