China to Add Shrine Visits in MemorialBreaking News
The visits to the Yasukuni Shrine, where convicted Japanese war criminals are honored, have become a sticking point in relations between Beijing and Tokyo.
Lu Yunfei, Web master for the Patriots League, a nationalist Web site, called the planned exhibition"a silent protest and strong condemnation of the Japanese government."
Repeated trips to the shrine by former Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi severely strained ties, but relations have improved since Shinzo Abe succeeded him in September.
comments powered by Disqus
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport