Pinochet grandson to be punished for funeral speechBreaking News
Pinochet's grandson, also called Augusto, was roundly criticized for his funeral speech on Tuesday, in which he praised Pinochet for overthrowing the socialist government of Salvador Allende in 1973, and attacked prosecutors who tried to bring the ex-dictator to trial for human rights abuses.
comments powered by Disqus
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond