Bosnian Serb gets 24 years in jail for war crimesBreaking News
Samardzic had been sentenced in April for abetting and aiding persecution, rape and torture of Muslims in an eastern Bosnian town early in the 1992-95 war but the appeals chamber then ordered a re-trail because of procedural errors.
In Wednesday's verdict, the chamber said Samardzic took part in persecution of Muslim population, forced sexual slavery, rape and other crimes against humanity in the town of Foca.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump Angled for Soviet Posting In the 1980s
- Places That Are Actually Worth Visiting
- JFK’s last birthday: Gifts, champagne and wandering hands on the presidential yacht
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools