Bosnian Serb gets 24 years in jail for war crimes
Samardzic had been sentenced in April for abetting and aiding persecution, rape and torture of Muslims in an eastern Bosnian town early in the 1992-95 war but the appeals chamber then ordered a re-trail because of procedural errors.
In Wednesday's verdict, the chamber said Samardzic took part in persecution of Muslim population, forced sexual slavery, rape and other crimes against humanity in the town of Foca.
comments powered by Disqus
- Biographer of a Progressive reformer says it's odd reading stories about inequality in the news every day
- Dutch sociologist says that what is new about mass killing is that we’re embarrassed by it
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Convicted felon Conrad Black has a new book out
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830