Bosnian Serb gets 24 years in jail for war crimesBreaking News
Samardzic had been sentenced in April for abetting and aiding persecution, rape and torture of Muslims in an eastern Bosnian town early in the 1992-95 war but the appeals chamber then ordered a re-trail because of procedural errors.
In Wednesday's verdict, the chamber said Samardzic took part in persecution of Muslim population, forced sexual slavery, rape and other crimes against humanity in the town of Foca.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pittsburgh native David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton