Ethiopian ex-dictator Mengistu convicted of genocideBreaking News
"Accused numbers one to 12 are found guilty of all charges," Justice Medhin Kiros told a packed courtroom in Addis Ababa, reading from a unanimous verdict by the three-judge panel hearing the case.
Mengistu, who was ousted in 1991 and now lives in exile in Zimbabwe, was known as"defendant number one" in the case against himself and other senior members of his so-called Derg (Committee) regime.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- The Story Behind the Truman Quote in President Trump's U.N. Speech
- As Trump Declares Missing in Action Recognition Day, How Many Service Members Are Missing?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar