Ethiopian ex-dictator Mengistu convicted of genocideBreaking News
"Accused numbers one to 12 are found guilty of all charges," Justice Medhin Kiros told a packed courtroom in Addis Ababa, reading from a unanimous verdict by the three-judge panel hearing the case.
Mengistu, who was ousted in 1991 and now lives in exile in Zimbabwe, was known as"defendant number one" in the case against himself and other senior members of his so-called Derg (Committee) regime.
comments powered by Disqus
- Norma Basch, pioneer in legal history, has died
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders